MDH MDH is offline
Junior Member

Hi Tom. I have a colchester lathe the instructions have worn of the plate cover, are you still able to send a scan document.
MDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
dcs2005 wrote:

Hi, I recently got a used Clausing Colchester 17" lathe (1978) in
pretty good shape. I'm having 2 problems with it. First the clutch
slips excessively during engagement at high spindle speeds. Second,
the clutch lever tends to fall down to neutral, i.e. it does not stay
engaged sometimes.

Does anyone have experience with adjustments for these problems?

Thanks.

The clutch adjustment instructions are normally printed on the
panel which covers clutches on the back of the headstock.
If they aren't there, I can send you a scan which keeps
it simple, as there are two different clutch types.

Tom