nbaxley

Default Drill press sanding drums

I need to do some drum sanding for a project I've got going. I need
to do it on the cheap though, so I don't have the money for a full
drum sander. I'm looking at getting a sleeveless sanding drum for my
drill press, buy I want to make sure that I've got enought power to
turn a 3" tall drum. The other problem is that my "drill press" is a
regular corded drill in a "press holder" that holds the drill and
raises and lowers it. I'm also wondering how wide around to get the
drum. I assume that the larger drum will wear out less, but I can
imagine it will take more power to turn. Here are the drums that I'm
looking at. http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/... PRID=Frgl258

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nate Baxley