George E. Cawthon

Default Any Sawhorse Plans?

Do you really need plans? Anyway, the plans Crow indiciated in his
first message are pretty standard. but don't need braces except the
end pieces. Make sawhorses for the size you need, not some standard
sizes and use light pine. I made 3 small sawhorses (20" high and 24"
long) of 2x4s with end braces 1" by 6 inch deep for supporting a
plattform for painting my house; work perfectly. Thirty years ago I
made two 28" high by 36' long saw horses using 2x6s with 1" end pieces
about 8 inches high that I still use for cutting larger sheets of
material. Keep it simple and light weight.

Steve wrote:

I am looking for an easy sawhorse plan. Any ideas or plans would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!