Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Atila Iskander Atila Iskander is offline

Default Outlaw police guns, immediately

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:53:47 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news:FeWdnbeKyOLN2pDNnZ2dnUVZ_q6dnZ2d@earthlink. com...
harryagain wrote:

Just shows the mentality of halfwits who carry guns. Paranoiac and
fearful.

Hmm. I guess I'm beyond the pale: I carry TWO guns. I carry a standard
9mm
weapon (a CZ-75) for personal protection and a .22 revolver as my BUG
(Back Up Gun).

Since 1995, when the concealed weapon law went into effect in my state,
I've displayed my weapon three times to discourage a quite possible
assault or robbery. Admittedly, two of these incidents were in
disreputable venues (a Home Depot parking lot).

So far, I haven't had to shoot anyone (does shooting a hippie count?),
but
by the same metric no periwinkle has shot or robbed me.

I only did it once when two individuals were making a beeline for me from
2
different directions, in a parking lot, late a night.
Interestingly, as soon as a turned to face both of them and very obviously
drew my gun to a low carry, they immediately , and in perfect
synchronization, changed direction and boogied off at speed on a path
perpendicular to their original directions
.
That was clear confirmation of my initial estimate that their intentions
were not friendly.

Unfortunately, had they not been of criminal intent but just other
people out walking it possible that they could have gotten all upset
when you showed the gun, called the police, and had you arrested for
threatening them by showing them your gun.

Possible but frankly not of consideration.
1) There were no other cars near my car
2) There were no other exits near my car
3) They had no business making a beeline for me from 2 different
directions.
4) They were not dressed in any fashion that justified their presence
there
5) They were no dressed in any fashion that made me believe they had any
legal business with me
6) Their sudden almost synchronized change of direction at me reaching
for my gun was confirmation enough that they were not approaching me to ask
for a light

And frankly as soon as they skedaddled, I drove away.
So the cops would have had a hard time identifying me or my car.
At best, they would be able to claim it was a station-wagon.

Not to mention that it would be a hard sell for the police to charge me with
threatening just because I unholstered and held the gun to my leg pointing
to the ground.
My lawyer ,who happens to be a shootist, and also was a prosecutor for over
20 years, is the one who suggested that to be the first step in case I felt
threatened.
And I'll take his advice over yours any day.