The Natural Philosopher

Default Radiator TRV's

Christian McArdle wrote:

Ther will be far less loss through a few lagged pipes than vast
areas of radiator heating unused rooms needlessly anyway.

But what turns the boiler off? The approved document requires a boiler
interlock that turns the boiler off when no heat is required. You may think
it OK to reduce your overall efficiency by around 10% by running the boiler
when all the radiators are off, but the government disagrees.

I don't know what turns *your* boiler off. In my case it turns itself
off when the temperature of the water in the return path matches its
internal thermostat settings.

Actually, in this house, one heating zone comprises a suite of TRV
equpped towel rails, and a series of fan blown heat exchangers all with
their own thermostats. There is no master thermostat at all on that zone.

The boiler, needless to say, does not run continuously, but the pump does.

Since all boilers I have found do the same. I don't really understand
what the problem is.

Christian.