Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Descriptions of common tools

gregz wrote in news:917196916364785316.211961zekor-
:

Ashton Crusher wrote:
DRILL PRESS:

A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar
stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings
your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which
you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

DUH,you're SUPPOSED to clamp down your workpiece or have it snug against a
fence.
you're lucky it didn't slice your hand or arm open.

I worked with a sears drill press on plastic, aluminum, acrylic, with
slightly dull bits. Someone suggested I bring in the better one from
machine shop. After nearly killing myself, I switched back quick.

My bandsaw was good for making cuts all over but where I wanted it to go.

Greg

perhaps your bandsaw needed a tuneup,or the guide blocks adjusted?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik