Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trades people on the fiddle

whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:05:30 AM UTC+1, Nemo wrote:
Paying a plumber cash in hand is "morally wrong" because it
denies the revenue vital funds, a Treasury minister said as the
government outlined new ways of cutting down on £5bn in tax avoidance.

David Gauke, the exchequer secretary to the Treasury, risked shining a
spotlight on whether any of his government colleagues have ever made
cash in hand payments to plumbers

I doubt they have, as cash would be their own money why use their own when
they can get the tax payer to pay via expenses ?

when he described the practice as a
large part of Britain's "hidden economy".
Unquote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...dspending-hmrc

Trades poeple operate to current moral norms, as displayed by bankers,
politicians, journalists, entertainers, pro footballers etc. Is that
news?

Hearing that this morning has actually encouraged me to offer jobs cash in
hand, I think of it as equality, everyone should be able to "avoid" paying
tax until they are caught, or is "avoid" the wrong word.

The word you are looking for is "optimise"...
--
Tim Watts