Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default O/T: Today Is A good Day

On 7/24/2012 8:26 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Leon" wrote:

LOL, I recall driving into the Shamrock station, asking for 10
gallons of regular gas, handing the attendant $2, and getting a
penny back in change. That penny came out of the change maker
hooked on his belt.

-------------------------------------
And the minimum wage was either $0.50/HR, $0.75/HR, or $1.00/HR,
depending on the year.

I worked for all of them.

With the competition from across the street on most corners with
stations, I could pretty well fill up my '49 Willy Jeepster for four or
five bucks, get a few extra drops out of the nozzle for my Zippo, and
score an aluminum "glass" to boot.

And didn't even have to get out of the seat ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010