Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default connecting up gas hob

On Monday, July 23, 2012 10:01:23 AM UTC+1, Man at B&Q wrote:
On Jun 22, 7:24*pm, sm_jamieson > wrote:
> I have a gas hob to be fitted in the worktop of a standard fitted kitchen with laminate worktop. Underneath is a 3-draw cabinet with 60mm pipe space behind.
> The connection from the 22mm supply will be 15mm copper rising vertically behind the unit in the pipe space, a right-angle elbow into the cabinet and copper running just below the worktop for an inch or two, then a 15mm x 1/2" iron elbow connecting to male bsp taper on the hob.
>
> What is the usual procedure to make the connection, since there is no access behind the cabinet when the worktop and hob is being fitted ?

Make a cut-out in the cabinet back and take the drawer out when
fitting.

MBQ

In the end, the cabinet below the hob has been left loose so the legs can be dropped slightly and the cabinet pulled out. The gas will be connected to the hob with the cabinet well out of the way. I've cut out the top rear of the cabinet where needed to allow space for the gas pipe and the mounting clips. The cabinet can then just be pushed back under and the legs raised.

Cheers,
Simon.