Posted to uk.d-i-y
78u77 78u77 is offline

Default Trades people on the fiddle

The Natural Philosopher wrote
Nemo wrote

Paying a plumber cash in hand is "morally wrong" because it denies the
revenue vital funds, a Treasury minister said as the government outlined
new ways of cutting down on £5bn in tax avoidance.

David Gauke, the exchequer secretary to the Treasury, risked shining a
spotlight on whether any of his government colleagues have ever made cash
in hand payments to plumbers when he described the practice as a large
part of Britain's "hidden economy".
Unquote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...dspending-hmrc

Trades poeple operate to current moral norms, as displayed by bankers,
politicians, journalists, entertainers, pro footballers etc. Is that
news?

Its bloody silly.

We'll see...

We should not tax the things we want to happen, like working. We should
tax the things we need to reduce, like fuel, smoking,

Can't raise anything like the sort of revenue thats needed to pay for
what the voters have decided a modern first world country needs to do.

and importing materials and finished goods.

Mindlessly parochial. The world's moved on, dinosaur.

I have long advocated a state pension age related (but not work related)
that replaces the complex system of the dole and benefits, and zero income
tax, with infinitely more taxes raised on the sale on non subsistence
goods.

More fool you. Makes a hell of a lot more sense for those
that work to provide for their own time past working instead.

Then scrap the minimum wage, because its no longer needed as people get
the pension whether they work or not.

Even sillier.

There are issues of policing BUT it has the following advantages

- people who live here pay the sales and import taxes on goods bought
here.

But that's a very regressive tax system where those who dont
earn much pay a lot more tax than they do currently. No thanks.

And high earners will WANT to live here.

Doesnt necessarily mean that their jobs will allow them to do that.

The presence of slots of stinkingly rich people here with miney to burn
can only be goodm,,

Even sillier, and you are clearly completely blotto, again.

even if luxury goods are expensive.

Even sillier. They will in fact **** off to where they arent taxed at all.

- the labour market is totally flexible.

Even sillier.

People can work when they like for who they like - they lose no benefits
by working - at anything at all.

Hordes won't bother to work at all.

From fruit picking to washing cars and polishing your boots.

**** all bother with polished boots anymore, you silly old fart.

- because the state pension is limited to those who are actually born
here, not those who arrive (tough, but fair) low income people will not
find it easy to immigrate.

Their situation will still be much better than where they
come from, so they will still keep pouring into the country.

However high earners to whom the state pension is almost an irrelevance,
will.

Nope, they'll keep ****ing off to where
they dont have to pay any taxes at all.

- because taxation is not applied to subsistence goods

Have fun actually defining those.

- essentially food clothing and other basics

Pity about how you define subsistence food and clothing.

- lower paid workers will be massively subsidised and be able to compete
well with offshore workers

Only in your pathetic little drug crazed fantasyland.

without any directives needing to be applied. If the state pension is say
£3.50 and hour you only need pay - say - £3 an hour on top of that to
employ someone at a living wage

So your hare brained 'state pension' isn't even a living wage eh ?

So their kids will just starve to death if they dont work eh ?

and with no tax or NI to pay its not a bad crack.

Pity about the starving kids of those who dont work.

- Because imported goods and materials are now expensive, there is a huge
incentive to recycle refurbish and repair.

So we will see a return to how people operated during the great depression
eh ?

Can't see too many of the voters ever buying that any time soon.

Essentially it baises the national economy towards re-use and away from
consumer buy and trash.

Until the voters pull the plug on your hare brained scheme.

- naturally this free market in labour with the government simply not
caring about who earns what - only what they spend and what they spend it
on - would require exit from the EU. Well, so what?

Its time we put Britain first, and British workers, yea even unto the man
who cuts your grass.

So you expect all the immigrants that aren't born
there to head off back where they came from eh ?

Completely off with the ****ing fairys, as always.