Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Gas Pipes

On 7/23/2012 4:11 PM, Meanie wrote:
My main line from the gas meter enters the house with a 1" flex conduit
connected to a union, then a reducer to 3/4" black pipe which splits to two
legs extending in opposite direction in my basement. They eventually meet in
one area, but connect to differing areas. One 3/4" leg extends to my boiler
and Ts off to my garage. The other leg extends to my water heater, my dryer
and a capped off pipe in case I want to install a gas stove. If you were to
see the cluster of pipes, especially as they meet in one area, it looks like
a bad roller coaster design. Therefore, I wanted to remove the two 3/4" legs
and run one 1" leg and teeing off to each area creating a more pleasing look
and eliminating misc. run on pipes.

Anyone see a problem with going to 1" black pipe?

if it ain't broken, why fix it? to make your basement look nicer? do you
spend a lot of time down there admiring the view?