Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I need to replace an AC adapter

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:32:22 -0700, mike wrote:

On 7/23/2012 5:27 AM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
"Guv wrote in
:

I need to replace an AC adapter that went out. Original is 12V
225mA. I have several 12V 1000mA. Any problem using 1000mA rated
unti with 225mA machine?

Just include a fuze of about 300-500ma, and enjoy the result.

Yep, like a fire???

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread.

The question was about as clear as, "I've got this green
thing, can I eat it?"
And the answer is, "SURE".

No, it's really not unclear at all.

You guys have NO IDEA what the "machine" is and you're
giving advice based on YOUR experience with something
probably/maybe entirely different.

Do you know *anything* about electricity?

The risk of catastrophe is low...except when it isn't.

Don't answer when you don't know the question!

Sorry about the rant. Bad advice on the web is my pet peeve.

Oh, good grief!