Pop Rivet

Default Any Sawhorse Plans?

Haven't got a plan, but here's a suggestion to go along with almost all the recommendations, especially the one from Morris Dovey comes closest to what I'm talking about.

Make the top so it's sort of a mini-bench as suggested, but also make the top a tray for holding parts. In Morris' pic, widen the top just a bit and then put a thin sheet of 1/4" underneath the vertical 2x4's d(or whatever). Be sure to put in accesses in case rain, spills of whatever, sawdust, dirt etc can be dropped thru for cleaning.

Another thought: These special horses sometimes turn out rather on the heavy side & when you're disabled as I am that extra weight can be a problem. I've found that 2x2's, even 1x3's glued together at right angles can make near equal-strength legs. You can't skimp on the cross pieces though unless you know something smaller will work.

Just my t bucks' worth

Pop

"Steve" wrote in message m...
I am looking for an easy sawhorse plan. Any ideas or plans would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!