Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default I heard you guys had a party in Aurora Colorado last night...

God wrote:
Marina wrote:

well, my heart goes out to all the people killed and wounded and
their loved ones.

Mine doesn't.

They weren't killed because of an accident. Some act of weather,
earthquake, flood, transportation accident, infection or virus,
cancer, food poisioning, etc.

You people have to sit back and take these events, these fire-arm
deaths, and not complain about them.

You sit there and shut up and take it.

And it will happen again and it will keep happening.

If you want to allow these dangerous consumer products to exist as
part of your retail landscape, then you must live with the
consequences of their use. Regardless if their use is "illegal" or
improper. Because people are people, and there will always be enough
unstable, short-tempered or mentally defective, socially deranged
people, or people under the influence of drugs or alcohol, that will
cause harm to others and will do so with what-ever they can get their
hands on. And as this case shows, you simply can't spot them before
they buy their guns. They don't always give themselves away.

So you children - go and enjoy your guns.

Brag and clean and polish and load and point and fantasize and dream
about your guns.

Because if you live by the gun, you die by the gun.

I agree to the extent that with guns, as with cars, swimming pools, riding
lawnmowers, elevators, hippies, and thousands of other things, one has to
accept an occasional disaster in order for the greater good to exist.

But as long as *I* have a gun, the chances of the other guy dying and me
living are much greater than the alternative.