Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why are Bug Zapper bulbs blacklights?

He's likely got a "charge plug" from a tape recorder, or something.

Alkaline batteries last about four times as long as heavy duty.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
news On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 01:56:29 -0500, wrote:

What has worked slightly is one of those battery operated electric fly
swatters that look like a tennis racket. I sit it near where I'm
sitting or next to the house door, take the button down so it stays on,
and watch the flys get zapped. (The problem there is that I'm replacing
the batteries every 3 or 4 hours).

Why not wire in a universal power supply with the proper voltage?
About 10 bucks at any electronics department.