Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Sagging Door (was "How difficult to "build" a Door") III

"dadiOH" wrote:

dpb wrote:
On 7/22/2012 8:42 AM, dadiOH wrote:

As I've said at least twice before, fumed silica (Cabosil/Aerosil),
micro balloons, talc, wood dust, etc. I use Cabosil mostly.
http://www.uscomposites.com/fillers.html

OK, "inquiring minds" and all that...

What do you do that uses such stuff regularly?

I don't use it regularly, just from time to time.

I built a stitch & glue pram a few years ago, needed Cabosil to thicken
epoxy for fillets and other purposes, had some left over.

-snip-

Basically, a jug of epoxy, some Cabosil and some talc are handy things to
have around.

-snip-

The leftovers were the best part of my stitch and glue adventure. That
& the knowledge gained in the process. The little Bolger's Nymph
only saw the water a couple times before I ditched her.

Stitch & glue explanation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stitch_and_glue

And here's the style I made- [not mine]
http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/nymphtjf.htm

I don't regret the time spent building it-- but it wasn't what I
*really* needed.

Jim