Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default House-Key is stuck in door lock

walter wrote:
"walter" wrote in message
I had to paint my French patio door. I removed the latch lock and the
deadbolt lock, a 30-year old Schlage product. Both locks are brass
but, being outside locks, they are somewhat corroded.

The deadbolt lock has keys for the inside and outside. When I
reassembled the deadbolt lock, the key would move the bolt, but the
key cannot be removed from the inside cylinder. The key turns the
cylinder but the key is stuck in the cylinder.

I was thinking of inserting some liquid wrench through the key-lock
next to the stuck key. Would that be OK or gum things up completely

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/1000294g.jpg/

Thanks

--
www.rationality.net

Status report:

I finally got the key out.

Google to the rescue: Pointed me to the U-tube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0GLJ3H10M

I adjusted the setting and out came the key.

Thanks everyone

Thank you also. I just fixed a lock with a bit of this problem using that video.
I just had to tighten up that adjustment a couple notches.