Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sagging Door (was "How difficult to "build" a Door") III

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 04:27:22 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Puddin' Man wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 14:40:55 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

Is that epoxy, or is it one of the waterproof exterior glues?

IMO, you want epoxy. With a thickener. I've never timed it but epoxy sets
up very slowly, I'd think you'd have a minimum of 30 minutes and even then
it doesn't set hard, just starts to get syrupy. It won't get hard for a
day; REALLY hard for several days.

Thickener?

Current candidate:
http://www.amazon.com/System-Three-T...rds=t-88+epoxy

As you are so fond of saying:

No!

When we say "thickener" we mean a filler such as one of the West Systems
fillers shown he

http://www.westsystem.com/ss/fillers/

These powdery products are added to the 2 part epoxy mix to form a thicker,
sometimes spreadable epoxy mix. I've mixed it as thick as peanut butter
when I've needed no running or drooping.

Typically the filler and epoxy is purchased from the same manufacturer to
ensure compatibility.

If you go to a real boating supply store, they will carry West Systems or
something similar. They'll have resin, hardener and various fillers for
various applications.

Wood flour works pretty good for the application at hand. Or cotton
flox, or micro-balloons. Personally I like the wood flour.