David Hearn

Default power flushing a central heating system

"Mark Caszo" wrote in message
om...
I have been having problems with a few radiators in the house, which
do not warm up at all, when the heating is switched on. Having read
about all the symptoms of sludge build up, it looks like power
flushing is the way to go, to rid the system of it.

Have you made sure the radiators are balanced? We had 2 or 3 downstairs
radiators which didn't get warm. After balancing them they all get nice and
hot. I was surprised how the upstairs ones (closest the boiler) only needed
to be on around 1/4 turn. They still get very hot, and means that they're
not hogging all the flow which meant the furthest radiators didn't get any.

I'm planning on removing and flushing (just with a hose pipe I guess) and
fitting TRVs in the spring, but from what I can see now, they may not even
need that (but whilst I've got them disconnected, I thought I would try it).
Must admit though, the 11' double radiator is going to be a beast to move!