Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT The Olympic Games

"F Murtz" wrote in message
d.com...
Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 18:56:33 +0100, Mr Pounder
wrote:

Is it only me who considers the Games to be a huge waste of money,
another
**** up waiting to happen and that the money could have been better
spent on
the NHS?
I live in the north and will not see a penny of where my money has been
spent.

You should worry. Stratford is between me and London. People who live in
the London area are going to have a nightmare with closed lanes, closed
roads, public transport even more overloaded than usual etc.
Those living in the area which was supposed to be improved seem to have
been most put out.

When it happened in Sydney Australia, every one whinged and moaned before
the event but in reality when it started the traffic flowed better than
ever, the buses and trains flowed faultlessly.

Only because hordes chose not to bother with normal movements and work etc.

It was also deliberately timed so that schools were out etc.