Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default OT The Olympic Games

Hmm, well, I nearly got involved with blind archery, but all that pulling
back of the bow did my elbow in.
Brian

Email:

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 22:00:52 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I reckon this group should declare itself an Olympics free zone from
Friday.

I wonder if there is a link between those of us who 'do' versus those
of us who like to watch other people doing (no, not dogging as such).

Like, I like cycling, archery, canoeing, sailing and rowing but I'm
not particularly interested in watching other people doing the same.

Neither do I see any of them as 'My' heroes. There will always be
someone who can run or swim faster than someone else shrug.

And as for someone who happens to be able to kick a ball getting paid
as much and being seen as some sort of deity ... that's a game, for
the park, with your mates, jumpers for goalposts etc. grin

And without those of us who do what we do for fun, how would those who
are at the top of their game look then?

And as for any of the getting knighthoods etc ...

Thank goodness I've also got a couple of motorbikes to use as and when
the local roads get gridlocked (well, more than usual).

Cheers, T i m