Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Sagging Door (was "How difficult to "build" a Door") III

dpb wrote:
On 7/20/2012 6:37 PM, dadiOH wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 7/20/2012 1:04 PM, dadiOH wrote:
dpb wrote:

That they tend to come out of the rails and not the stiles is
owing to that the in the stile they're along/parallel to the
grain; in the rail it's almost entirely end grain. That is much
less strong.

Excuse me? Are you saying that a dowel glued into the rail is less
strong? If so, I beg to differ.

You can differ all you want but it doesn't change the fact (nor the
orientation of the grain)

Dang if I don't realize I've been saying bassakwards -- rail and stile
switched in me head somehow...sorry. (I _HATE_ it when I do
that! )
I looked back and puudin says most stayed in the stile and came out of
the rail; that's generally the reverse of what I discover...

What I wrote in followup is in agreement w/ your supposition; I just
automagically correlated in that direction w/o registering the
opposite I suppose. No explanation other than brain/fingers/keyboard f...

I love it when I'm right

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net