Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default TV Back-light Spark Gap?

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
I doubt many of the engineers here design consumer electronics.

^^^^
That's a good portion of my work... cutting costs in _very_ high
volume consumer goods... or things aimed at those consumers, like
billboard electronics.

Ever-self-important Jim Thompson, naturally, counts himself thousands of
times over on a simple question. Sadly, he's not great at statistics...

FWIW, right now I'm working on industrial electronics. Not really consumer,
much smaller quantities.

Statistically, I predict a power law: 10% of the engineers here account for
90% of the productivity of all engineers here, measured as total number of
parts produced. Meanwhile, 10% of the engineers are connected to 90% of all
products (by diversity, including myriad low quantity projects).

Some engineers will be well represented by large numbers of small projects,
as well as a small number of very large projects; Jeorg and Hobbs are
probably nicely representative of this subset.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.