Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Default TV Back-light Spark Gap?

Jim designs integrated circuits. Do you think you can repair them?

***Once or twice I've chipped back the encapsulation to repair a snapped
off pin.

You patched the package, not the IC itself.

Some time ago, to aid in diagnosing a prototype chip, we sent it out to have
some wires swapped in the chip. Focused Ion Beam, cost a couple thousand
bucks to have one chip rewired. The chip worked after that, so we knew
what needed to be fixed in the layout.

Jon