Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Default TV Back-light Spark Gap?

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:57:32 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:30:08 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Maybe I'll just toss it, and buy a bigger TV with LED back-lighting
;-)

That would be ecologically incorrect. All you probably need to do to
repair your existing TV is open it up, look inside, and see what needs
to be replaced or repaired. Plenty of parts available from the
equipment cannibals on eBay. Most likely, some bug crawled inside and
was fried.

Incidentally, next time you design something, try to make it
repairable.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto/

Jim designs integrated circuits. Do you think you can repair them?

From Jeff's responses I think he has a reading comprehension problem
:-)

No, he just spends too much time on the repair newsgroup.