Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Default TV Back-light Spark Gap?

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:15:00 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Jim designs integrated circuits. Do you think you can repair them?

Nope. However, it's possible that he can repair his LCD TV. I just
assume that anyone in electronics knows which end of the soldering
iron to grab, and how to use a #2 Phillips screwdriver. Tearing apart
a 19" LCD TV is easy enough that even and IC designer can do it.

From Jeff's responses I think he has a reading comprehension problem

My reading is quite comprehensive.

Ok, so what did I miss, other than it's a Philips 19" TV and something
quits after a few hours?

High voltage CCFL inverter arcs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTIEI7lCeQc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyChifmSgH0