Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT - When does a rental car become a stolen vehicle?

I agree. This is a question of whther the additional cost is benefit
enough for the rare case where you need it. I envision 2 scenarios for
needing the extra drivers covered. One, you're making a long trip and
would like to share the driving duties. Two, each of you four would like
to "borrow" the car for your own individual purpose on your vacation,
without necessarily all of you as passengers. In the former case, if
something went wrong, you could claim feeling sick, and not fully up to
driving, and you (plural) needed to get from point A to point B that day.
"Force majeure". In the latter case, I'd make sure to get all the
insurance you can.

--
Best regards
Han