Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sagging Door

On Jul 19, 11:56*pm, Dan Espen wrote:
Puddin' Man writes:
I had hoped to be able to at least remove the dowels and evaluate
whether to drill and use larger dowels or ?, but when I try to ease
a dowel out, it splinters.

The dowels, like the rest of the door are rotted beyond recovery.

Haven't you dealt with rotted wood before?

Junk the door. *It's dead.

--
Dan Espen

Even if he doesn't junk it, I don't understand the problem with
the dowels splintering. If the door is that bad, then you have
two choices. Either buy a new door or just tear into the old
one, splinters be damned, until you get it apart to where
you have sound wood and can see a path to succesfully
fixing it. I could do that in an hour.

Of course he's focused on the old door because he claims
there is some "problem" with putting hinges on and
hanging a new door. And he refuses to consider a pre-hung.