Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

"Leon" wrote in message
news
On 7/18/2012 10:24 AM, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote in
:

On 7/18/2012 7:41 AM, Han wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 7/17/2012 7:07 PM, Artemus wrote:
"Artemus" wrote in message

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
A new analysis of 2,000 years of tree ring data has quickly made
climate change deniers' list of greatest hits to the theory of
man made global warming. The tree rings "prove [the] climate was
WARMER in Roman and Medieval times than it is now," the British
newspaper the Daily Mail reported last week, "and [the] world has
been cooling for 2,000 years." That and other articles suggest
the current global warming trend is a mere blip when viewed in
the context of natural temperature oscillations etched into tree
rings over the past two millennia. The Star-Ledger, a New Jersey
newspaper, mused that the findings lock in "one piece of an
extremely complex puzzle that has been oversimplified by the Al
Gores of the world."

Got a link?
Art

Never mind. I see why you didn't provide one. The balance of the
article doesn't support the part you quoted.
http://www.livescience.com/21624-tre...l-warming.html
Art

Actually it does support it however it has a greenie interpretation
that tries to, as you have found out, make it sound otherwise. Call
it a political rebuttal if you will.

Yes at the moment the globe is getting warmer, at this brief point
in time, just like it did in the early 90's and dozens upon dozens
of times in the past thousand of years. Trying to stop the warming
cycle is futile and a waste of time and resources, we have bigger
problems to solve. Given enough time this cycle too will pass and
we will be headed for another ice age, I wonder what we are doing
to cause that.

Have you ever seen a dog chasing its tail?

Just for fun. Here is a link to a retroactive look at a 1981 paper
that looked at scenarios to predict global climate, taking into
account many factors. It seems that 30 years later the observations
have confirmed the predictions, including the role of CO2.
http://tinyurl.com/832z88r or
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...valuating-a-19
81- temperature-projection/

My physicist daughter found the link, and yes, KNMI is the acronym of
the Dutch weather service (Koninklijk Nederlands Meteorologisch
Instituut), and I am a born Dutchman.

In geological times Earth's temperature has often been warmer than
today, and part of the current rise in globally averaged temperatures
may be due to other factors. It is just remarkable that 1981
calculations were able to predict observations made over the next 30
years, and were based on the rise in CO2. Really curious correlation
... Yes I know.

Nothing curious about it, Han ... when it comes to correlation and
causation figures can lie, and liars can figure. Massage/adjust the
data just right (as in the traditional and adjusted temperature data
sets being used for modeling) and the moon is made of Limburger ... or
at least smells like it.

And yes, we are definitely in a warming period ... however, the reason
has simply not been determined with sufficient scientific certainty to
embark upon the 'rob the rich, give to the poor' measures those intent
on destroying the sovereignty of select nations in favor of a world
government would have you believe.

I hear and respect your doubts, Karl. I'm still with the general idea
that manmade CO2 is a bad thing, and should be curbed as much as
feasible. But I stil drive a 7 year old Grand Caravan ...

So uh like, ummmm Han! ;~) You think CO2 is a bad thing and should be
curbed as much as feasible but not enough to buy a greener vehicle???

The responsibility is every one else's ???

Maybe not bad enough or causing enough trouble that "you" should
change... ;~)
Learned that one from Al Gore.