Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Basic mains electric lawnmower wanted but with more power

In article , Frank Erskine
wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 00:18:46 +0100, "BartC" wrote:

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article ,
Murmansk writes
I've got a fair sized lawn, I'm not houseproud and hate mowing the
lawn. I tend to let it grow longer than I should and when I get round
to mowing it it's always longer than it should be and usually damp.

I do it with a basic Qualcast mains mower and it always blocks up and
"stalls" after a minute or two so I have to poke it clear with a stick.

I'm looking for recommendations for a basic mains mower that has the
power not to stall as much.

Petrol strimmer perhaps? (I'm thinking of borrowing one, although my
grass is 2-3 feet high now; I left it too long.)

_My_ back garden grass (and associated weed) is some 6 feet high. I might
just give up for this year. My next-door neighbour (a lovely Finnish
lady) (and as it happens my fifth cousin once removed in law!) refers to
it as a "butterfly" garden. Well, she used to a couple of years ago. When
it's so long it'd take weeks to dry out for suitable mowing. My rotary
petrol mower just clogs up on wet stuff, due to the fact that the
clippings are forced through a 4 x 4" aperture into the grassbox. I've
taken a strimmer to a little bit of it, just flaying it around but soon
gave up ...

use an old fashioned scythe

--
From KT24