Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Wax Ring for Toilet

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Jul 19, 3:31*pm, "TomR" wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
On 7/18/2012 11:00 AM, hr(bob) wrote:
On Jul 18, 9:19 am, Harry *wrote:
On Jul 18, 6:18 am, *wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:41:23 -0400, mcp6453 wrote:
I have to remove a toilet. It's the first time I've done it.
How do I know which wax ring to buy at Lowes? Any tips to keep
me out of trouble?

http://goo.gl/PCzaB

I like these better than wax
rings:http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/wax-free-toilet-seal

I buy them at Ace Hardware.

Amen to that. *I'll never go back to the wax rings again. *I don'

think _anyone_ wouild return to wax rings after trying the
waxless once.

Harry K

Fernco is a well-known brand and is high-quality, *A closet auger
will not wcratch the porcelain finish if used as shown in:Stoprmin
Mormims
mail

A good closet auger has a sleeve, and a protector, so not to
scratch the
bowl. About 2/3 of the way down the page is an illustration.

http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum...w-draining-toi
l..

.
The link is broken.

Here's the original link from the first person that posted it:

"About 2/3 of the way down the page is an illustration.
* *http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum...low-draining-t

oil...
"

I think this one will work.

I still say that the OP should try the bucket test before he goes
shopping for plungers or closet augers.

Quick & dirty. No cost. You betcha.