Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Sagging Door (was "How difficult to "build" a Door") III

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:11:36 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

Puddin' Man wrote:

I've not used a story stick. When I do a search, all I'm getting is
info on commercial products. If you can point me to a site where
they build their own, it'd help.

A. Take a stick. It needs to be...

1. Long enough
2. Wide and thick enough so it doesn't flop around. A 1x2 will work

B. Lay the stick across the two points you want to measure and mark their
positions on the stick

C. Lay the stick across the other two points you want to measure. If the
marks line up the two distances are equal.

Simple enough.

What if there's tons of stuff in the way of accurately marking? It's
like the diagonal on the door is 86 1/8", but there's stuff in the way of
marking the (32") width on the stick?

I know, I know. Make a second stick. Eh?

Thx,