Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

On 19 Jul 2012 17:47:03 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 19 Jul 2012 11:59:35 GMT, Han wrote:

Just Wondering wrote in
news:5007d6c9$0$31718$882e7ee2 @usenet-news.net:

On a global scale (which is the way one should consider global
warming), a slightly warmer globe would not be a problem, it would
be a good thing.

That depends. If there is enough irrigation water around, perhaps no
problem, but here in the US we are depleting aquifers already. If
there is going to be less snow in the mountains, there will be less of
a summertime reservoir of water (it will have run off the mountains
before spring is finished).

And if we continue to destroy aquifers with fracking, the USA will
have little to no drinkable or farmable water available. I worry about
that 1,000 times more than AGWK.

I worry about that too, Larry. OTOH, that is an engineering and
regulation problem. It can be done safely, I believe. But there needs
to be oversight and punishment in case things go wrong. The main things
are 4-fold (I'm a biochemist so I have absolutely no standing): First,
the borehole should be warranteed to be free of defects, with the
companies in charge responsible to the extent that they have to prove
they are not responsible, rather than the "government" needing to prove
they are. Second, the waste should be cleaned up and /properly/ disposed
of. Again same conditions. Third, the fact that the water supply in the
area was fine before fracking proves that fracking was responsible for it
being fouled (if so) after fracking started, and again, same conditions.
Fourth, any earthquakes and damage from them are the direct
responsibility of the fracking companies.

We're too late on that count. Big Oil actually got the gov't to allow
them to BYPASS the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act for their
production of natural gas via fracking. They have a license to taint
all the air and water they want, and we can't do a damned thing about
it. I'd like to see come CONgresscritter heads taken off as a result
of that little treasonous act against the people of the USA. Ditto
the pact they made with Big Pharma in Medicare Part D.

If Satan exists, he's our CONgress.

--
Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai