Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now thanduring Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

On 7/19/2012 6:41 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:BL-dnb_92OMd-
:

On 7/18/2012 6:15 PM, Leon wrote:

So uh like, ummmm Han! ;~) You think CO2 is a bad thing and should be
curbed as much as feasible but not enough to buy a greener vehicle???

Interesting fallacy...

I'm curious about how that "greener" vehicle (mostly plastic) was made
without any environmental impact...

We'll be mining asteroids for the mierals pretty soon, and all (ahem)
pollution will occur outside Earth's atmosphere.

Now we won't.
We don't do space any more. It's too expensive.
And besides, the environmental impact of building and launching
spacecraft wasn't good for out planet (or so say the greens).

Bottom line is simply this... there is no technical solution to
such a problem, other than reducing the population radically.
Nobody is going to volunteer to do that. Certainly not Al Gore.

The "obvious" conclusions that people have come up with reflect
serious framing errors (on both sides, I may add).

Comparing events of the last 10, 50, 100 years, when the patterns
have run for hundreds of thousands (or millions?) of years is
always going to be misleading.

This is not about science. It's purely politics.

For what it's worth...

RIchard