Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Straightening wood

On 19/07/2012 18:08, ss wrote:
On 19/07/2012 18:01, ss wrote:
I have some planks of wood that are slightly `banana shape`. Is there an
easy way to make them true again, if I use a guide on a circular saw or
jigsaw it will follow the `banana` curve.
I have a table saw, jig saw and circular saw.

I am sure there must be a simple way but just cant work it out.

thanks

I should have mentioned its not warped on the length but on the width,
if that makes sense. it is 6 feet long 6 inches wide and it is the 6
inches wide that has arched, so for example if I lay the 6 ft length on
a flat surface the middle of the length would be say 6.5 inches and each
end would be 6 inches. It came off a neighbours fence that had
horizontal slats.

Blimey, that's an odd shape.
Generally, on a table saw, you would pin something straight to the
banana piece (2"x1" or whatever) and run that edge against the saw
fence. The opposite edge will then be straight, and you can then run
that against the fence to get the second edge straight. Easier to do
than explain :-)