Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Straightening wood

On 19/07/2012 18:01, ss wrote:
I have some planks of wood that are slightly `banana shape`. Is there an
easy way to make them true again, if I use a guide on a circular saw or
jigsaw it will follow the `banana` curve.
I have a table saw, jig saw and circular saw.

I am sure there must be a simple way but just cant work it out.

thanks

I should have mentioned its not warped on the length but on the width,
if that makes sense. it is 6 feet long 6 inches wide and it is the 6
inches wide that has arched, so for example if I lay the 6 ft length on
a flat surface the middle of the length would be say 6.5 inches and each
end would be 6 inches. It came off a neighbours fence that had
horizontal slats.