Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

" wrote in
:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:55:13 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 7/18/12 6:37 PM, Leon wrote:
Has any one considered lately that cleaning up the atmosphere allows
more sun light to reach the surface of the earth??? Stronger
hurricanes because there is more warming of the oceans. How is that
better???

Some areas get most of their groundwater replenished and most of their
yearly rainfall from hurricanes. How is that *not* better? Maybe the
answer is to quit building human habitation in areas below sea level.
I'm sorry, but I have little to no sympathy for those in New Orleans
who were warned generation after generation to get the F#@k out of the
area because there are hurricanes every year. That's a big f-n "DUH!"
in anyone's book except those who think other people and the
government is responsible for solving their own problems.

When barges are seen going by *above* people's heads, it tell me that
it's not where I want to live. Then there's Holland.

Indeed. There is Holland. Where they (mostly, but not always) manage to
keep the water where it is useful. Look up Wageningen on a map. It is
more or less in the middle of the country, on an arm of the Rhine. Where
I grew up the elevation was 66ft above normalized sealevel, at the foot
of Wageningen Mountain (el 166ft, no kidding!). A lot is being spent,
and has been spent to keep water in place, and it is really not unusual
to see ships/boats come by at higher levels than the land. Years ago
there was danger of flooding from exceptionally high river water levels,
and some areas were flooded (can't find reference right away). My Dad
inquired what would happen if the Rhine dike would fail, and was informed
that much of Wageningen would get at least wet feet, if not more.
However the flood would stop some 150 yards from his house ...

Wageningen will celebrate 750 years as a "city" next June ...

--
Best regards
Han