Posted to alt.home.repair
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default Ouch! cracked Plasma TV front glass

"Pete C." wrote in message
.com...

Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
Any one experienced this? Accident occurred(falling object off the wall)
hit the glass and cracked it making spider web. Picture is still normal.
When I called two TV repair shops I was told, not worth the trouble
replacing the glass panel. I can claim on my house insurance(never
claimed anything) SWMBO says, buy a bigger new TV. This is 58in.
Panasonic set a few years old. What should I do I am wondering. For new
one I am leaning to LED one this time. Less power consumption, whole lot
lighter than Plasma set.
Any opinions/advices?
TIA

It's Panasonic, parent company matsu****a, if it's more than a week old
they don't want to know about it. I once had to harass matsu****a techs
in NJ for two weeks to get some docs on a 3 year old OEM monitor. Ditch
it and get something Korean, LG or Samsung. Both are good, I'm fond of
LG.

Panasonic.
I have had lots of trouble with faulty remotes. (Two in two yars)
And they were VERY unhelpful. Accused me of spilling wine on it. (Never have
wine in the house)