Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Sagging Door (was "How difficult to "build" a Door") III

On 7/18/2012 10:29 PM, Puddin' Man wrote:
Well, I tap-tapped and wiggle-wiggled and actually got a tiny, tiny bit of
work done. The hinge stile/top rail came apart per pics:

I cleaned up the cope and dowel/holes a little and tried to dry-fit it back.
It wouldn't fit at all tight.

Well, if it's the section of the stile you show the edge of sitting on
the floor, of course it won't...there's all kinds of paint/dirt/crud
still there...clean up _all_ the edges and have surfaces to the point
you think you're ready to be reassembled before there's much of any
point and then you'll find the hangups...if there's any joint friction
at all, it'll take some clamp pressure or at least a mallet to bring it
together completely but the least little spot of paint or dirt is all it
takes--the mating surfaces have to be fully clean.

Right now I am more worried about the warp of the hinge stile than anything
else. Were any of your stiles or rails twisted or otherwise warped? If so,
how did you handle it?

I couldn't/didn't see anything in the pictures that looked out of
kilter...I'd have to see some indication of what the problem is to have
any way to judge.