Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:11:09 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:07:14 -0700, Artemus wrote:

Never mind. I see why you didn't provide one. The balance of the
article doesn't support the part you quoted.

Indeed. Here's the next paragraph:

The density and width of tree rings shows how warm it was during each
year's growing season, and trees thereby serve as a record of long-term
climate trends.
The density and width of tree rings shows how warm it was during each
year's growing season, and trees thereby serve as a record of long-term
climate trends.
CREDIT: NSF.gov
View full size image

A new analysis of 2,000 years of tree ring data has quickly made climate
change deniers' list of greatest hits to the theory of manmade global
warming.

The tree rings "prove [the] climate was WARMER in Roman and Medieval
times than it is now," the British newspaper the Daily Mail reported last
week, "and [the] world has been cooling for 2,000 years."

That and other articles suggest the current global warming trend is a
mere blip when viewed in the context of natural temperature oscillations
etched into tree rings over the past two millennia. The Star-Ledger, a
New Jersey newspaper, mused that the findings lock in "one piece of an
extremely complex puzzle that has been oversimplified by the Al Gores of
the world."

What's Your Actual Age? www.RealAge.com
Take the RealAge Test and find out the actual age of your body.
How to Improve Memory? IQ-150.com/Trial-Offer
1 "Little" Ingredient May Be Secret to Improving Memory. Read More.
"Shocking" 2012 Horoscope www.PremiumAstrology.com
Insert your birthdate & get answers about Past, Present & Future. Free
Ads by Google

"However, the study actually does none of the above. "Our study doesn't
go against anthropogenic global warming in any way," said Robert Wilson,
a paleoclimatologist at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland and a
co-author of the study, which appeared July 8 in the journal Nature
Climate Change. The tree rings do help fill in a piece of Earth's
complicated climate puzzle, he said. However, it is climate change
deniers who seem to have misconstrued the bigger picture"

IOW, "Here's how _we_ want you to construe our findings..." rather
than letting people go with the facts. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

--
Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai