Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ouch! cracked Plasma TV front glass

On 7/18/12 8:10 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Any one experienced this? Accident occurred(falling object off the wall)
hit the glass and cracked it making spider web. Picture is still normal.
When I called two TV repair shops I was told, not worth the trouble
replacing the glass panel. I can claim on my house insurance(never
claimed anything) SWMBO says, buy a bigger new TV. This is 58in.
Panasonic set a few years old. What should I do I am wondering. For new
one I am leaning to LED one this time. Less power consumption, whole lot
lighter than Plasma set.
Any opinions/advices?
TIA

Bunch of stuff he http://www.avsforum.com/f/