Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Ouch! cracked Plasma TV front glass

Hi,
Any one experienced this? Accident occurred(falling object off the wall)
hit the glass and cracked it making spider web. Picture is still normal.
When I called two TV repair shops I was told, not worth the trouble
replacing the glass panel. I can claim on my house insurance(never
claimed anything) SWMBO says, buy a bigger new TV. This is 58in.
Panasonic set a few years old. What should I do I am wondering. For new
one I am leaning to LED one this time. Less power consumption, whole lot
lighter than Plasma set.
Any opinions/advices?
TIA