Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central A/C brands available for DIY installation

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 18:25:28 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/18/2012 5:45 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:16:03 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/18/2012 1:39 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:52:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/18/2012 8:08 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:33:55 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

When I was a student pilot, we were told that hot humid air is less dense.
Makes it much more dificult to take an air plane off the ground. Cold dry
air, is much easier for take off.

Perhaps walking is a different matter than launching an aircraft?

No, it's the same issue but you're sensing it a bit differently. Moist air is
less dense than dry air (H20 has a molecular weight of 18, where O2/N2 is
30ish). Humid air being less dense, the airplane has less lift. The same is
true of you. The air is less buoyant (you're displacing less mass of air), so
heavier. At the same time, your cooling system doesn't work as well
(evaporation is reduced).

I wish people could more easily sense when I'm being fecesious[sic]. ^_^

What, when you go outside from an air conditioned building, the Alabamastani
Summer air doesn't hit you like a slap in the face? You were just kiddin'?

You can definitely feel it, it can take your breath away. High humidity
makes me miserable but I endure it all the time. I sweat like a
thunderstorm when working out in the heemidity (new word I made up).
I was working on some controls yesterday and the sweat was dripping from
the tips of my elbows like a leaking faucet. O_o

I was responding to your statement implying that you weren't serious. I can
stick my head out the door and feel the furnace too (I'm just a hundred miles
to the East).

Perhaps exaggerating/embellishing like a fish story. ^_^

Now, now. It's not *that* humid.