Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Rusling Jim Rusling is offline

Default IKO Roofing Shingles

Rebel1 wrote:

Anyone have experience with these shingles?

http://www.iko.com/roofing_shingles_...nsulation.html

The second estimator for my new roof recommended this brand. He claimed
that Owens and GAF have had major warranty-related expenses, both having
filing bankrupcy to avoid payouts (mainly due to asbestos issues) and
screwing the homeowner. He claims IKO never did this, but in googling
around the discussion groups, a lot of people don't think much of IKO.

The estimator's recommendation was for the IKO Cambridge AR line. (AR
means algae-resistant.)

Depending on where you live, you may be able to get a large reduction
in you home owners insurance by using Class 4 Impact Resistance
singles. If you get much hail in your area, you need to check with
your insurance agent. The pay back for my home is less than 3 years
for the upgrade from laminated shingles.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired