Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] grmiller@rogers.com is offline

Default Saw a scary scene today

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 02:01:46 -0400, lid wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:49:49 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 02:38:49 -0400,
lid wrote:
We stopped, pulled over onto the shoulder, and began to laugh
hysterically. The laughing part was just a release of incredible
nervous energy I think....same as your rigger guy who just about got
killed.
Dave

Indeed. Lots of folks laugh like demented hyienas after narrowly
escaping death or maiming. It is a form of stress reduction the mind
resorts too. Certainly far better than fainting or doing the chicken
dance.
Gunner

It was a damn strange feeling spinning in a circle going 75MPH.
Happened so quick there was nothing to do but hold on and hope we'd be
ok. I see those signs "Watch for Ice on Bridge" and know what they
mean now.
Dave

One Feb. morning, on an interchange between two freeways, I looked in
the rear view mirror to see a pickup truck crossing three traffic
lanes and bouncing off the railing multiple times. I gradually eased
off on the gas and managed to keep within my lane markings. From then
on I was a much slower driver.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada