Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Wax Ring for Toilet

Kuskokwim wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:41:23 -0400, mcp6453 wrote:

I have to remove a toilet. It's the first time I've done it. How do I
know which wax ring to buy at Lowes? Any tips to keep me out of
trouble?

http://goo.gl/PCzaB

I like these better than wax rings:
http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/wax-free-toilet-seal

Thanks for the link -- very interesting. I'll probably try them.

I clicked on the link on the web page and watched the video. One question I
have has to do with peeling off the covering and sticking the Fernco to the
bottom of the toilet. I am wondering if there are any issues with making
sure that the Fernco is centered correctly when sticking it to the toilet so
that it matches up and goes into the sewer drain correctly. I assume that
"close enough" when centering and sticking the Fernco to the toilet works,
but I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had any issues or problems with
that.