Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default solder won't come out of hole

Chas wrote:

"Jamie" t wrote in message
Tom Del Rosso wrote:

For the past couple of hours I've been trying to get the solder out of a
hole. It's a mobo cap, and the other hole sucked right out. It's like
an obstruction. The solder melts with difficulty, but even then I can't
get a dental pick as deep as in the other hole. The cap pulled out
easily on both leads.

If you have some indium base solder or old leaded solder, reflow it with
that, then suck it out..
Also, I've used my hot air wand to clear the holes.

Jamie

Carefully drill the solder out with a PCB drill slightly smaller than the
hole.

And take out part of the via (your 'hole') in the process? A board
with damaged vias would be scrapped at the factory.