Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default solder won't come out of hole

"Ian Field" wrote in
:

"Jamie" wrote in message ...

Tom Del Rosso wrote:

For the past couple of hours I've been trying to get the solder out
of a hole. It's a mobo cap, and the other hole sucked right out.
It's like an obstruction. The solder melts with difficulty, but even
then I can't get a dental pick as deep as in the other hole. The cap
pulled out easily on both leads.

If you have some indium base solder or old leaded solder, reflow it
with that, then suck it out..

***Way back in the days of hybrid CTVs, I remember an old Tandberg
telly that had a "safety pin" style thermal fuse connecting the top
cap of the horizontal sweep tube, just inside the timebase cage was a
clip holding a small roll of low temperature cadmium solder (and a
warning label not to use 60/40) for resetting the fuse.

***No doubt the Brussels suits reaction to lead solder would pale into
insignificance compared to cadmium solder!

ACH,the HORROR!!!!!

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik