Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default solder won't come out of hole

wrote in
:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:53:01 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

For the past couple of hours I've been trying to get the solder out of
a hole. It's a mobo cap, and the other hole sucked right out. It's
like an obstruction. The solder melts with difficulty, but even then
I can't get a dental pick as deep as in the other hole. The cap
pulled out easily on both leads.

A Solder Sucker is much better than a dental pick (I've used both).
The solder sucker can be used on one side of the board while the iron
is still on the pad on the other side of the board, which is when the
solder is at its most liquid state.

I concur.

--
Jim Yanik