Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21660 Ignoramus21660 is offline

Default Bad Gas

On 2012-07-18, Erik wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:37:56 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I got about three gallons of mixed gas and oil in my boat tank. It is old.
OLD! I need to dispose of it. Any suggestions? I can't burn it slowly in
a gas engine, as I have a diesel, and SWMBO has a TBird that takes high
octane gas. All my other gas engines would take forever to burn three
gallons. Where can I dispose of it? Maybe build a burner, and just let it
burn for a few days? In my neck of the woods, burning is banned because of
recent multi million dollar wildfires.

Steve

Here, we have "household hazardous waste facility" to handle stuff
like this for residents of the city. They figure it is better this way
than have people use their own methods.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Good suggestion.

Having said that, personally I wouldn't hesitate to add a gallon at a
time into the ford product (only add to nearly full tankfuls [1]) . But
thats just me; YMMV.

I burn all old gas in my pick-up truck. I add it to new fuel, I try
not to make it more than 30% of the mix.